Pierre when he smells my chili cooking…RUN!
I have a massive, massive confession.
This morning, I thought that I had seen a flake or two but it was right before 11am (when I have my second coffee cup of the day) so I figured I was just seeing things. I poured myself another cup and went on with my day.
Then this afternoon, I was running around the village and soon enough it started to snow. Not just one flake. Not just two flakes. A lot, a lot of flakes. This time I was most definitely not seeing things. Right away, I felt the need to run to the grocery store and stock up on soup and other cold-weather food essentials.
So this is where my confession comes into play: as soon as the first cold-spell occurs, I begin to eat like it’s nobody’s business. You would think that I was a bear preparing to hibernate…but oh no, I just love to make soups & chilis & homemade breads & roasted chicken & roasted pork, etc.. After stocking up earlier today, I decided to start off making one of my favorites: turkey chili (recipe to be added later!). As if that wasn’t enough, I decided that in the spirit of Pumpkin Spice Season I ought to make a pumpkin-y dessert…see bonus #6 for the recipe I based my truffles on. So good.
Alrighty, time to finish eating my chili, change into my pj’s, and get back to work!
- Good to know this time of year: why leaves change color
- Stumbled upon this article which proves that a minimal wardrobe can (and does) work
- Not exactly new news: I love J.Crew, but they’ve created a beast out of me…here’s why
- Is that PSL really worth it? (No)
- It’s not even Halloween yet, but I’m very excited about my second annual coastal-themed Christmas tree. Currently checking out ornaments by West Elm …
- BONUS round: what to eat if you feel disappointed by Starbuck’s altered PSL…(but actually, I never really liked those lattes anyway)